PACT will be hiring a Family Interpreter/Translator for the Beardstown Illinois. This bilingual person will work 30 hours per week, 41 weeks per year, and will be working one day per week in the summer for visits, if needed. The starting rate of pay is $16.00 per hour.
1. Visits families with the Home Based Teacher and Family Advocate, reading Spanish materials and forms to parents, interpreting information from the Family Advocate or Home Based Teacher to families and vice-versa, and assisting parents as needed in understanding program materials and procedures.
2. Assists the Home Based Teacher in conducting socialization activities when children are present, interpreting staff’s directions, conversations, etc., for non-English speaking children.
3. Attends parent group meetings, parent/teacher conferences, and center activities as directed by the Family & Community Services Coordinator and Site Supervisor, to interpret for non-English speaking parents.
4. Translates PACT materials/information into Spanish on an on-going basis, as directed by the Family & Community Services Coordinator and the Site Supervisor.
5. Facilitates the development of responsibility and self regulation in non-English speaking children by following the procedures in the health and safety training guide, giving verbal guidance in Spanish as necessary.
6. Uses a wide repertoire of teaching strategies to enhance non-English speaking children’s learning and development, following the teacher’s lessons plans and lead in the classroom.
7. Provides interpretation services for phone calls received from, and phone calls that need to be made to, non-English speaking parents and community members.
8. Assists the Family Advocate and Home Based Teacher with recruitment of Spanish speaking families on an ongoing basis.
9. Prepares and submits records including, but not limited to, time and mileage.
10. Attends specified staff meetings and training activities.
11. Communicates with teachers, aides, and family advocates on a regular basis to coordinate ongoing child and family needs.
12. Assumes responsibility for the familiarity of and compliance with all Head Start Performance Standards. Ensures the health and safety of children during all program activities.
13. To the extent able, performs such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor, or as may be required under applicable agency programs, contracts or grants. Nothing herein shall be construed as limiting the authority of the Director or the supervisors from assigning such other functions and responsibilities as are necessary to establish and maintain program efficiency and effectiveness.
- 19 years of age or older, and
- Education level equivalent to the completion of 12th grade, and
- Meet one of these three requirements:
- Sixty semester or equivalent quarter hours of credits from an accredited college or university, with 6 semester or equivalent quarter hours in courses directly related to child care and/or child development from birth to age six; or
- Proof of one year (1560 clock hours) child development experience in a nursery school, kindergarten, or licensed day care center and 30 semester or equivalent quarter hours of credits in courses directly related to child care and/or child development from birth to age six; or
- Completion of the credential program of the CDA National Credential Award System with a current credential as a Child Development Associate (CDA), including 120 training hours, within 2 years of hire.
Benefits include paid holidays, personal leave, sick time, 2-week winter break, 401K with Employer Match, life insurance, and affordable health, vision, and dental insurance. Starting pay is $16.00 per hour.
To apply, please send resume and transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org. An online application is also available on PACT’s website, www.pactheadstart.com, under the ‘Job Openings’ tab.