PACT is seeking applicants for Center Assistant at the Macomb Center. This exempt position
is full-time, Monday through Friday, year-round. Starting pay is $20.75 per hour, with extra for
- Provides substitutes for center teachers, teacher aides, cook, transporters
and bus monitors. Substitutes for teaching staff when needed.
2 Participates in the recruitment and enrollment of HS & EHS children.
- Maintains DCFS personnel records, substitute, volunteer, children’s
records and center records. Monitors DCFS files for EHS & HS children.
Maintains confidentiality of family and program records and information.
- Completes and maintains required financial, USDA food program forms
and reports. Utilizes ChildPlus software for child and family records.
- Oversees inventory control of center equipment, furniture, supplies,
materials, and other resources in conjunction with Site Supervisor.
6 Communicates with the Site Supervisor regularly to establish center needs.
- Serves as center receptionist. Responsible for incoming calls and transfer of
calls to appropriate parties.
- Distributes incoming mail and faxes and takes responsibility for outgoing mail.
- Ensures the health & safety of children and staff during all program activities.
- Assists with maintenance and day-to-day upkeep of center facilities.
- Conducts health and safety inspections of indoor/outdoor environments and routine
monitoring of classroom routines.
- Carries overall responsibility for compliance with Head Start Program Performance
Standard workplans, Standard Operating Procedures and Illinois Department of Public Health’s
Sanitation and CACFP Regulations, and federal, state, and local government rules and
regulations. Supports the agency’s mission and philosophy.
- To the extent able, performs such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the
Supervisor, or as may be required under applicable agency programs, contracts, or
A) Must be 21 years of age or older, and
B) Must have an Associate, Bachelor, or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education OR
C) a degree in a related field and 21 hours in Early Childhood with experience teaching
preschool children OR
D) A BA/BS degree and be admitted into Teach For America program